Give the Gift of Accessibility
With your donation, you help ensure that everyone living with hearing loss has the accessibility they need so that they feel included within their environments. When you transform one life, you transform a community.
"Our son is hard-of-hearing and we didn't realize how much he actually looks at our mouths and reads our lips while talking to him. Cloth face masks muffle our words and make it difficult to hear.” - Rina Hampartsoumian (ClearMask recipient).
While we are all feeling the effects of the current pandemic and lockdown, many people are now experiencing the hardships those with hearing loss have always experienced; namely communication difficulties and isolation. Safety measures such as masks and outright cancellation of face-to-face activities have exacerbated such hardships especially for the 1 in 3 seniors likely affected by hearing loss and the many people with hearing loss that are now facing even more barriers than ever before at school, work and in their communities.
There is a fundamental truth that generosity inspires and connects us as a community. Together we can, with your donation, make our communities even more accessible so that everyone feels included.
With your donations, throughout the pandemic we were able to:
- Distribute over 1000 clear face masks
- Distribute more than 500 clear face shields
- Deliver over 700 grocery orders (to people with disabilities and our most vulnerable citizens)
- Dedicate beyond 1000 volunteer hours
- Raised Accessibility Awareness to thousands of people in our communities by continuously working with local TV, radio stations, newspapers, and podcasts to promote change through raising awareness
Your donation restores independence and removes barriers for people already living with hearing loss. Accessibility is the key to independence and feeling included in our society.
Make your secure donation today!
Donations of $25 or more will receive a charitable tax receipt.
Charity Registration: 118869999RR00011